- Do all of my employees who sell or serve alcohol need to be trained now?
- Why should someone use the ABSEC Online Program?
- How long is my server’s permit good for?
- I lost my server permit. How do I obtain another copy?
- I need a Responsible Vendor Server Permit, how do I purchase the online course and take the exam?
- I took the alcohol server class but did not pass the examination, what do I do now?
- I was trained in responsible alcohol service in another state, is that training valid in Louisiana?
- Who must attend class and obtain a Responsible Vendor Server Permit?
Any person who sells or serves beverage alcohol or deals with customers who purchase or consume beverage alcohol must attend an approved server training class and receive a Server Permit issued by the Louisiana Office of Alcohol & Tobacco Control.
Servers must obtain a permit within 45 days from date of hire.
You may retrieve your permit online at ATC.LA.GOV/printrv.cfm
The Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control will no longer mail RV cards to the Attendees or to Providers. When an attendee passes a Responsible Course, they will be able to access their RV cards on their Smartphones or Tablets (14-21 business days after the Course was taken). For Attendees who would like a physical copy, they can also print their RV cards (14-21 business days after the course was taken) on the ATC website.
For full details please visit ATC.LA.GOV/printrv.cfm
You may visit ATC’s headquarters (located at 8585 Archives Ave., Ste. 220, Baton Rouge, LA 70809). Bring your driver’s license (or other form of legal identification) along with $5.00. You may receive your permit the same day.
- Purchase the online course.
- Take the online course.
- Take the online exam. You will not be able to take the online exam until you complete the online course.)
You will receive a Certificate of Completion upon passing the Online Exam. This Certificate of Completion will serve as proof of training until your Server Permit is issued and made available online by the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control.