Sec. 6-33. Compliance with zoning laws—Location of bar/saloon business limited.
No permit shall be granted to operate any bar/saloon (class A general liquor and/or beer) without full compliance with all of the zoning laws of the Town of Lutcher.
In addition to the zoning and other legal requirements, no permit to operate any bar/saloon (class A general liquor and/or beer) shall be granted for any premises situated within 300 feet or less of a public playground or of a building used exclusively as a church or synagogue, public library, school, full-time day care center as defined in R.S. 17:405(A)(4), or a correctional facility housing inmates, including, but not limited to, a halfway house.
(1) The measurement of the 300-foot limitation is by measuring in a straight line from the nearest point of the property line of the church or synagogue, public library, school, or full-time day care center to the nearest point of the premises to be licensed.
(2) The prohibitions in this section do not apply to any premises which are maintained as a bona fide hotel, or fraternal organization, nor to any premises which have been licensed to deal in alcoholic beverages and continuously operated for a period of one year prior to the adoption of this section.
(3) For the purposes of this section, “public library” shall mean a public library, which is located in a permanent structure and is open to the public for three or more days per week.
(4) This section is adopted as per Louisiana R.S. 26:81.
(Ord. No. 87-14, § 1(10-2003), 12-1-87; Ord. No. 88-10, § 1, 10-7-88; Ord. No. 11-01, 3-1-11)
Cross reference— Zoning, ch. 102.
State law reference— Municipal zoning regulations, R.S. 33:4721 et seq.
Sec. 6-67. Establishments where sale of alcoholic beverages is main business.
The operating hours regulating the sale of alcoholic beverages and the operating hours regulating businesses whose main business is derived from the sale of alcoholic beverages in the town are as follows:
(1) No person holding a retail dealers permit and no associate, representative, servant, agent or employee of the permittee shall do or permit any of the following acts to be done on or about the licensed premises:
- Sell, offer for sale, serve or give alcoholic beverages between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on all days except Saturday and Sunday, when the morning hours shall be 2:30 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Allow the possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages on the premises between the hours of 2:30 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on all days except Saturday and Sunday, when the morning hours shall be 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Allow anyone except employees to be or remain on the premises between 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. when the sale or handling of alcoholic beverages constitutes the main business (60 percent of income).
(2) This section exempts the following days from the curfew hours:
- Christmas Eve;
- Christmas Day;
- New Year’s Eve;
- New Year’s Day;
- Fourth of July; and
- Any other days exempted by vote of the council or by proclamation of the mayor.
(Ord. of 11-2-83(1), § 1; Ord. No. 95-5, 8-4-95; Ord. No. 06-01, 4-3-06